Cooking Class Recipe - Sweet & Sour Chicken
1 chicken breast - £1.00
1 tablespoon cooking oil - £0.02
½ onion - £0.07
¼ green pepper - £0.15
½ small carrot - £0.05
1 dessertspoon cornflour - £0.01
1 pineapple ring cut in chunks - £0.10
¼ pint of pineapple juice (from tin) - £0.15
1 dessertspoon brown sugar - £0.02
1 dessertspoon soy sauce - £0.02
1 teaspoon tomato puree - £0.02
1 tablespoon vinegar - £0.01
Pepper to taste
Rice or noodles - £0.04
How to make:
1.Cut the chicken into small cubes, heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken quickly. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
2. Wash, peel and slice the vegetables. Add to the frying pan and cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cornflour and stir into the vegetables. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Bring to the boil to make a sauce. Add some water if necessary.
5. Mix the chicken into the sauce and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
6. Serve with noodles or rice and with a mixed salad on the side.