Cooking Class Recipe - Stir Fry
225g vegetables e.g. carrots, leeks, broccoli, mushrooms, bean sprouts, courgettes, peppers, cauliflower, green beans - £1
1 small onion - £0.10
1 garlic clove - £0.03
2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil - £0.04
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger OR ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional) - £0.02
2 teaspoons soy sauce - £0.02
1 teaspoon vinegar - £0.01
1 packet noodles - £0.30
Total - £1.52
How to make:
1.Thinly slice the onion and crush the garlic.
2. Wash and peel (depending on the veg. using) vegetables. Thinly slice them.
3. Meanwhile, boil a pan of water for the noodles.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the onion and garlic when oil is warmed. Reduce heat and stir steadily for 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Add the harder vegetables, i.e. carrot, broccoli and cauliflower and cook for a few minutes until a little soft. (Add pieces of chicken, optional.)
6. Add the ginger and remaining vegetables ie peppers, courgettes, bean sprouts and mushrooms and cook for 2–3 minutes stirring all the time.
7. Add noodles to boiling water and cook for 3–4 minutes. Drain the noodles when cooked.
8. Add the juice, soy sauce and vinegar and cook for 1 minute on high heat. Add a little more water or juice if you want to make the sauce runnier.
9. Taste and add more soy sauce, pepper if required.
10. Add noodles to the vegetables and mix together gently.