Cooking Class Recipe - Carrot and Kidney Bean Burger - 11th September 2014
A delicious vegetarian-friendly recipe this week, and extremely cheap at just 21p per burger!
- 400g of kidney beans - 30p
- 1 onion - 15p
- 1 carrot - 10p
- 1 teaspoon of cumin - 2p
- 3 tablespoons of oil - 5p
- herbs - 1p
- 1 teaspoon of flour - 1p
How to make:
1. Drain the kidney beans and rinse in cold water.
2. Put in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and simmer for 10mins
3. Chop onion and carrot and fry them with a teaspoon of oil. Add herbs and cumin.
4. Add the kidney beans to vegetables.
5. Take of the heat and mash together into a puree like mashed potato. Add flour.
6. Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. With floured hands, take a ¼ of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place the burger in the pan and flatten with a fork.
7. Cook for a few minutes on each side, repeat with the rest of the mixture and serve with a bun and salad.