Cooking Class Recipe - Courgette Loaf
We have a fabulous recipe this week - Courgette Loaf! We needed as many courgette recipes as possible to use up everything grown in the allotment and this was a winner - described by some as “nicer than carrot cake!” It’s also very easy to make.
- 1 egg - 20p
- 70 mls sunflower oil (or similar) - 5p
- 90 gms caster sugar - 15p
- 90 gms of courgette (grated) - 50p
- 85 gms plain flour (or mixture of plain and wholemeal) - 15p
- 1/2 tsp baking powder - 5p
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda- 5p
- pinch ground cinnamon - 2p
- 45 gms dried fruit - 25p
How to make:
1. Pre heat oven to 180C.
2. Line a 1lb loaf tin.
3. Measure all the the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to make a thick batter.
4. Pour into the tin and bake immediately for about 30- 40 mins or until the loaf is firm.