Cooking Class Recipe - Vegetable Curry
- 400g of mix vegetables - £0.75
- 1 onion - £0.20
- 1 clove of garlic - £0.03
- 1 apple £0.25
- 2 tea spoons of curry powder - £0.05
- 1 stock cube in 1-2 pint of water - £0.02
- 1 tin of tomatoes - £0.30
- 125g rice - £0.25
Total Cost - £1.85
How to make:
1. Chop the onion and crush the garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Cook until soft.
3. Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the curry powder and cook for a few minutes.
5. Chop the apple and add it along with the tomatoes and stock to the pan.
6. Add water if necessary.
7. Bring to the boil, cook and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Cook the rice and serve.