Cooking Class Recipe - Beetroot Casserole
- 1kg raw beetroots & potatoes (1kg in total, ratio according to own taste) - approximately £2.00 depending on ratio
- 2-3 onions (depending on the size) - £0.60
- 1kg lentils (colour doesn't matter) - £2.30
- 1 vegetable stock cube - £0.02
- 2 x garlic cloves - £0.06
- 1 x 500g pot of natural yoghurt - £0.45
- 150g feta/Greek salad style cheese -£0.75
- oil for frying - £0.03
- salt, pepper, herbs
How to make:
1. Cook the beetroots and the potatoes in boiling water, cool down and grate & chop into pieces.
2. Cook the lentils according to the instructions (about 10mins) with the stock cube if preferred.
3. Peel and chop the onions, fry them in a pan.
4. Add the root vegetables and lentils, season with salt, herbs and pepper (and garlic if preferred).
5. Pour the vegetable mix into an oiled dish.
6. Crumble the cheese and mix with the vegetables.
7. Add the yoghurt and mix well.
8. Put in the oven and bake for about 30 mins until ready.